Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Book Review- The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck

Book Review
The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck
By: Kathleen Y'BArbo


"Unlikely romance is sometimes just an inconvenient marriage away"


Summary: Charlotte Beck is a headstrong stubborn independent girl who just wants to go to college and work in her family's business.  Alex Hambly is an a man with serious family finance problems. 
Charlotte's father offers a deal for the two - Marriage and Charlotte can go to school and work and Alex's family will be saved from ruin.  
But can the two really learn to love each other? 

My Thoughts:   I thought the story was well written.  I enjoyed the plot and the thought of convenient marriages being very common in the past.  I did not relate well to the main characters.  Charlotte and I just did not have alot in common I had trouble understanding all her motives and reasons behind things.  This may be in part due to the fact that this book was the third in a series of books and I have not read the first two books.  I have a feeling my view on this book may differ had I read the other two books.  I give this book 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimer:  I was given a review copy of this book from WaterBrookPress the opinions in this review however are my own. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...