Saturday, April 2, 2011

An Educational Easter


I love using Eggs in my classroom.  We always hunts Easter Eggs that I have set up with something Educational.  In the past I have had children hunt eggs with coins to practice counting, rhyming words to match, and even numbered the eggs and have the students put them in order.  You can check out an article I wrote, for other ideas on making Easter Educational if you need some other ideas. 
Also as you make little Easter crafts make sure to use the craft for educational purpose crafts are a great time to work on fine motor skills, following directions, and positional words.  My favorite site for crafts is DLTK's Site they have so many great ideas for a wide variety of subjects. 

Do you do anything to use the holidays to make learning more engaging for your children?  

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea numbering the eggs! My cousins LOVE to hunt for eggs and that might make it a little more difficult. I'll have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...